Who are we?
15:22 Editorial is a sole proprietorship that offers proofreading, copy editing and social media editing services. Our client base is worldwide.
This policy describes how we protect and make use of the information you give us.
If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
What information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We collect the following minimal information:
- Contact postal address
- Email address
- Information pertinent to your enquiry (e.g. word count, nature of project, social media handles, whether you’re an author or an editor)
We gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- Respond to your requests for information (e.g. availability or a quote for editorial services)
- Allow us to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
- Enable certain functions on this website
- Better understand how visitors use this website
How do we use this information?
The data we collect is used as follows:
- For our internal accounting processes (e.g. so you can be invoiced)
- To contact you in response to your enquiry, order, quote, special offer or booking.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of our editorial services.
We will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial on this website and/or on social media), or unless you have signed up to be notified about a specific offer.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables this website to identify your computer as you view different pages on the website.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with us.
- To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- To read Google Analytics’s privacy statement, and how you can request that we remove your information from our analytics data, see Google Analytics’s data privacy policies and approach https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US and its data processing terms https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3379636?hl=en.
How do we collect your personal data and how is it stored?
We collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Booking-confirmation/consultation form (via Google Forms)
- Author’s style preferences (via Google Forms)
- Email (via Gmail)
We will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give us written permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law.
You can ask for the removal your data from us at any time.
The minimal information we collect is stored on the following data servers:
- This is the password-protected online payment service I use for editorial-services clients who elect not to be involved via direct bank transfer.
DATA SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES
- Siteground, Google Drive and Gmail servers are based in the US but are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
How long we keep your data for
Because many of our customers and clients work with us more than once, we do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
- Please ask if you want to delete or amend your records and we will action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that we do so in writing.
General Data Protection Regulation
The EU (“GDPR”) came into force on 25th May 2018.
The new Regulation aims to standardise data protection laws and processing across the EU, giving people greater rights to access and control their personal information.
15:22 Editorial are committed to ensuring protection of all personal information that we hold , and to provide and to protect all such data. We recognise our obligations in updating and expanding our services to meet the requirements of GDPR.
For more information, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com